SOLO

SOLO

main_search_layout***form.rta=none***delCtegory=***sourceSystem=***activeSourceSystem=[Aleph]***ct=***isActivatedSystem=******
institution = University of Oxford institution code = OX

 

OxLIP+


 

e-Journals


 

Monday 29 March 2010

Things 21 and 22 - Widgets

First of all, I wasn't sure what the difference between a widget and a gadget is, and it turns out there isn't any. I think they're great, it makes it possible for ordinary people to make their pages / blogs look good without much effort and to integrate all your web 2.0 things.
I'd added some gadgets to my blog already such as Library Thing feeds and to be honest I'd not looked at Flickr since we covered it last month, but it was easy to add the pictures and they look nice, must add some more. Then I got carried away and added a Twitter feed, thanks to the article that Penny mentioned in the 23 things blog.

Then back to iGoogle to add the Delicious links, neither of these are things that I've used since their relevant "Things" - it looks like iGoogle could be used as another way of bringing all your web 2.0 things together (I just added Twitter as well unfortunately the interface is a bit ugly, maybe there is a better one)
I think this would be a better use of iGoogle for me rather than looking at news and weather etc.


New iGoogle with more web 2.0 stuff on:

Then I had a look at the editor's picks on iGoogle - I don't think they're very useful to me, apart from possibly the T0 Do List.

Moving onto to Library gadgets, I see that various Libraries in the UK and the US have made their own gadgets, couldn't find one for SOLO, but it might be a good idea to have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My sample form created using Google Docs