SOLO

SOLO

main_search_layout***form.rta=none***delCtegory=***sourceSystem=***activeSourceSystem=[Aleph]***ct=***isActivatedSystem=******
institution = University of Oxford institution code = OX

 

OxLIP+


 

e-Journals


 

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Thing 17 - Wikis

This was a new one for me, it was interesting that you could sign up with your Facebook or Twitter login details (I used Facebook) I had never edited a Wiki and found it very difficult to find anything to add to http://socialouls.wetpaint.com In the end I added the year to the date that Twitter discontinued text message updates in the UK. Great.
Couldn't spot any instances of "OULS" though, uh apart from the one in the url above...
I like the site though, there's some good info on it, as long as it is kept up to date.

I thought that a Wiki could potentially be very useful in my Library, something that all staff could contribute to and it might be a better way of organizing procedural information rather than hunting through emails...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My sample form created using Google Docs