SOLO

SOLO

main_search_layout***form.rta=none***delCtegory=***sourceSystem=***activeSourceSystem=[Aleph]***ct=***isActivatedSystem=******
institution = University of Oxford institution code = OX

 

OxLIP+


 

e-Journals


 

Monday 8 March 2010

Linked In

The other Thing this (last) week was to register for Linked In, it seems to be a professional networking site. I was a bit dubious about it as the editor of one of the magazines that the Library subscribes to had invited me to join, as well as sending me other spam. In fact, when I registered, it came up with his name but I was quickly able to consign him to the E-dustbin.
Right, so it looks a bit better than Facebook, without the adverts or cat pictures (oops) and I guess it's supposed to be a bit more business like and less social/timewasting/fun. I successfully added a colleague and tried to add my Mrs, but there are a few people with her name so time will tell if I added the right one... I guess you'd want profiles on Linked In and Facebook to keep a distance between your professional life and your social life, for instance you don't want a customer or potential employer looking you up and finding pictures of you in a state of intoxication, so it might be a good idea to make your Facebook profile private and your Linked In profile public...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My sample form created using Google Docs