SOLO

SOLO

main_search_layout***form.rta=none***delCtegory=***sourceSystem=***activeSourceSystem=[Aleph]***ct=***isActivatedSystem=******
institution = University of Oxford institution code = OX

 

OxLIP+


 

e-Journals


 

Monday 25 January 2010

iGoogle

Last week, as part of Week 1 of 23 things I created an iGoogle page featuring news updates, weather and a big ol' picture of a Blackberry.

I'm not convinced at how useful it is to me but I guess that it is quicker than using bookmarks as you can see the content without going into the site.

Maybe Library staff could encourage patrons to add news updates form Libraries to their iGoogle pages e.g. to notify them of changes in opening hours etc.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Ed, are you a Blackberry user? I had a pager-style one back in the dark ages, and it never ceased to amaze me that it was quite easy to switch to typing with my thumbs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny, certainly am! Yes they're not for people with sausage-fingers. Wouldn't go back to a normal phone now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ed,
    That's a good idea about encouraging patrons to sign up to library news feeds. I wonder if there is some central listing of Oxford libraries' feeds somewhere?
    I'm very impressed with all your links on the left!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanna,
    Those are RSS feeds, I added ad "widget" or a "gadget" to make them appear on here. Probably better to have them in Google Reader though, but a Library Thing feed could be useful on a Library Blog I reckon. Ed

    ReplyDelete

My sample form created using Google Docs